Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I Love Scotch.

Bad weather is associated with the onset of spring break in Huntsville. This fact is frustrating. Thunderstorms in the morning and overcast afternoons equate to severely reduced odds of Patrick having fun. The fact that my loosely chaperoned trip to the lakehouse was canceled by the parental units does nothing to improve my situation. They were apparently perturbed with my 69 in AP Calculus this past 9 weeks and decided I needed a bit of a wake-up call. My argument against their decision: 4 years of full tuition and $2500 a year. I've had the exact same habits in my schoolwork since I started the miseducational process, and my parents find it necessary to reprimand me in the final stretch, with the seductive scent of graduation flirting in my nostrils. This does nothing but stir my desire for teenage rebellion. Feel free to suggest any outlets for this mania.

This past weekend has been very emotional, for various reasons. Let it be known that my visit to Florence was both outrageously enjoyable and very eventful. You may be asking yourself, "Why did you travel all the way to Florence, AL, when Huntsville, although admittedly very uninteresting and blah, is still much more exciting than the entire Shoals area in general?" Let me answer your question. Two of my dearest friends, Jessica and Ali, reside in the area, and both are members of Stardust Club, a sorority at Florence High School. This past summer at Camp Sumatanga, Ali, in her age-defying wisdom, made the decision to ask me to their annual Leadout and I graciously accepted. Throughout the year, as the date of the event drew nigh, the excitement grew exponentially until the glorious orgasm of fun this past weekend. Let me tell you, kids... Ali-- She was stunning. With the exception of Jessica's minor hair crisis, the evening was perfect, and I am grateful to Ali for asking me and I hope she enjoyed herself as much as I did. As soon as I procure some digital imagery from the momentous occasion, I will post them for your enjoyment.

However, SOMEONE was annoyed with the joyous symphonic composition of my weekend and decided to poison the final movement with a glass of Sturm and Drang Juice. My departure from Florence had already forced my spirits into treading water in the Oceans of Melancholy, but the flashing lights of a state trooper's patrol car gave me cement slippers. 76 in a 60. Life is a bitch. That speeding ticket transformed all my happy harmonics into minor thirds. I've got until like June 10th to deal with it/pay it off. Anyways, my mood eventually improved, thanks to Caleb, Katie, Becca, Kevin, and the Family, and I have now resumed my Spring Break bliss.

...More Pictures Coming Soon...

No comments: